Southwestern College is launching a pilot Drive-Up WiFi Zone on the Chula Vista campus to provide free WiFi to district students who may not have internet connectivity or access.
Southwestern College’s Institutional Technology department converted the first few rows of parking Lot D (next to the new Police Building) into a WiFi zone “hotspot.” Students will be able to drive up, park, login and work on their assignments, all while maintaining social distancing.
The program begins Monday, May 4. Students will be able to access the WiFi zone on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Here are the guidelines to access the free WiFi:
- Must be a Southwestern College student.
- Must have your student ID or current schedule placed on the dashboard.
- Students must remain in the vehicle at all times.
- Cars must keep one parking spot distance between them.
- Students will not have access to any facilities, including restrooms.
- Students must maintain all social distancing guidelines.
The program will run through the end of the spring semester and Southwestern College will assess continuing it in the summer and fall.